Our mission is to increase the knowledge of biological invasions, in order to reduce its impacts in the biodiversity and the ecosystems services, with an emphasis in natural areas in Chile.
- Generate and develop databases of exotic and invasive species in Chile.
- Contribute to the development of tools and protocols of invasion risk analysis.
- Monitor and model biological invasions at multiple scales, from local to global.
- Establish collaboration between academy, public agencies and the private sector to improve the prevention and control of biological invasions.
- Inform and educate about the causes and consequences of biological invasions.
- Participate in an international research network, for a better understanding of the associate processes of climate change and, in particular, how the biological invasions threatens biodiversity and ecosystemic services.